ESD Alliance Emerging Companies Committee New Media Panel
Thursday, April 17th, 2014 at Cadence Design Systems, San Jose, CA
Engineers in our world have historically been trailing adopters of social media technologies, but so were adults over the age of 50. Recently, adults have become increasingly social, yet engineers still aren’t. Can we expect social media and community-oriented engagement with our unique audience to increase, or is this as good as it gets?
At the ESD Alliance Emerging Companies Committee New Media Panel, social media experts from the EDA industry discussed issues such as:
- How do you measure effectiveness?
- Are traditional publishing outlets still important channels for outreach to the engineering audience?
- Are there regional differences in new media acceptance?
- Is there http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/anticonvulsant/ still a role for print in our industry?
- Is the new media explosion good for the industry?
New media presents a challenge for larger companies with the resources to approach it — resources many smaller companies don’t have. How should these companies approach new media in 2014 and beyond? Watch the recorded panel session to find out!
- Brian Fuller, Editor in Chief, Cadence Design Systems
- Sylvie Barak, University and Communities Manager, Atmel
- Hannah Conrad, Social Media Marketing Specialist, Synopsys
- Benjamin Tomkins, Managing Editor, Intel Free Press
- Lani Wong, Social Media Marketing Specialist, Cadence Design Systems
- Steve Pollock, Chairman, ESD Alliance Emerging Companies Committee